It seems like just yesterday that Apple released the 2018 iPad Pro models. Almost immediately, talk was of the 2019 releases. So what is all the hype about? Zugu Case, a maker of the best iPad Pro protective covers, speculates as to what all the hype is about. Visit us online for all of your iPad cover case needs today!
A LOOK AHEAD: 2019 IPAD PRO MODELS
- IPAD MINI 5. Let’s start small. Many expected an announcement back in October 2018 for a new iPad Mini 5. Not being forthcoming, speculation is high for an announcement this Spring 2019. The screen size of the iPad mini 4 remains popular (7.9 inches) as does the iPad mini. It’s been since 2015 since the launch of the iPad mini 4, which is a long time in Apple’s world without an update. This is leading to speculation the iPad mini model may be discontinued, much to the dismay of many. With the large-scale success of the large-screen SmartPhones, many analysts say the days of the iPad mini are numbered. However, the low-price of this 9.7 inch model continues to drive sales. If there is an iPad Mini 5, expect added capabilities with accessories such as the Apple Pencil and keyboard capabilities. Remember though, those who buy Apple iPads aren’t looking for a phone. They are looking for a tablet for their kids, something easy to hold to play games on, or even a laptop replacement in some sense. The size here is the key to userability. The iPad Mini would likely be much cheaper than the 2018 iPad Pro models, possibly even under $300. You might see the home screen buttons disappear as well as a smaller bezel (outer case) to accommodate a larger screen size. Face ID capabilities are a real possibility as well as a SmartConnector. Only time will tell.
- TWO NEW USB-C EQUIPPED IPAD PRO UPDATED WITH BETTER DISPLAYS. USB-C ports are the newest and latest ports that are predicted to replace the traditional USB ports for charging and transferring data.The USB-C connector was developed by the USB Implementers Forum, the group of companies that has developed, certified, and shepherded the USB standard. The newest addition can simultaneously send video signals and power streams to connect most devices.
- A NEWLY DESIGNED APPLE PENCIL FOR THE UPDATED IPAD PRO. Expect for all future Apple Pencils to keep the squared edge design that not only helps with attachment to the iPad Pro, but also makes it easier to rest the iPad on a table — the previous old one would roll everywhere when set down, onto the floor, under the fridge, and require a frustrated, time-consuming retrieval process.
- iOS 13. This new update to Apple’s operating system will bring the iPads closer to being laptop replacements. With the current iPads today, they are not replacements for your laptop as they stand. However, Steve Jobs predicted back in 2010 that iPads would replace the laptop. In 2001, the iPad market rapidly shifted from 19 million tablets and 358 million computers sold worldwide, to a staggering 230 million tablets and 307 million computers sold worldwide in 2014. If there’s a simpler product that meets all the needs of an average laptop user, who wouldn’t embrace it? However, tablet sales are diminishing. In 2017, worldwide tablet and computer sales hit 164 million and 256 million respectively. Sales are projected to reach 134 million tablets and 250 million computers in 2022. The game changer can be when Windows 7 support bites the dust in January 2020, forcing an untold number of users to look into the alternatives, which includes tablets and iPads.
WHAT FEATURES DO USERS WANT TO SEE?
- Waterproof. Let’s face it, it’s nice to have a small, hand-held device that is easy to read when you’re lounging by the pool on a hot summer afternoon. Not to mention if you have kids, spills are inevitable and when you buy them something as expensive as an iPad, you want to make sure it will hold up over time. Add in Fido who tends to slop at the most inappropriate times (like when you’re trying to leave for a fancy, dress-up dinner) and some sort of water resistance is essential to most people.
- MicroSD card slot. This would require removable storage, something Apple has never done (and many never do). However, one of the main reasons for the price differential in iPads is the added storage. Storage is cheap to add — if it can be added. Sure, putting in an added card slot could clog up the design, but we think it’s well worth it. Currently, whatever you buy, you are stuck with for the lifetime of the product. Apple now offers mainly 16G and 64G, not 32G storage any more, leading to incredible frustrations with consumers.
- Fast charging. We’ve been spoiled by the fast charge of the Apple Pencil. However, we’ve learned that the more portable the device, the more dependent it is on battery power. And the smaller the device, the smaller the battery unit is — and the shorter amount of time it lasts. The iPad Pro 12.9 in has the best battery performance, which is encouraging since it’s the last model released. However, the iPad Pro 12.9 is also the least likely iPad to need a long-lasting battery since it’s the closest to a laptop and will most likely be used at home. Battery performance and quick charging when you’re at the coffee shop for a 20 minute meeting is a priority for most consumers.
- Ditch the headphone port. With the nascent rise in WiFi headphones and the need to keep a slim design, Apple will probably ditch the headphone port on all future models of iPads just like it did with the 3rd generation 2018 iPad Pro models.
- Faster processor. This almost goes without saying. All new iPad models are usually faster than their predecessors.
- Camera upgrade. New iPads may incorporate Apple’s new 3D modeling tech “Time of Fly” (ToF) in the camera. However, this may not be incorporated into a new iPad Mini.
Zugu Case is excited for what 2019 will bring. Technology never ceases to amaze and every year we invent machines that can do more and more that help us all in leading amazingly enriched lives. Zugu Case will continue its unparalleled excellence in iPad protective cases. When Apple throws us a curve, like with the wireless pencil in 2018, we’ll work tirelessly to make a case for it.
Zugu Case is passionate about helping people protect their iPads, which could be the most expensive device many own. Our resilience is bar-none. Our worth ethic is incredible. And the results speak for themselves: protective iPad cases that fit the iPads to a T. With adjustable stands for your viewing convenience, Apple Pencil holders, access to all camera, ports, and buttons, and a soft microfiber interior to keep your iPad nice and snug, Zugu Cases will protect against the hardest knocks. You want your iPads to last for years and a Zugu Case will go a long way into making that happen (unless, of course, Apple releases a new iPad Model you must have!). Keep your iPad looking new with a protective iPad Pro case by Zugu Case. Order yours today!