Everywhere you go people are on some sort of electronic device: on the subway, the bus, restaurants, your workplace, the grocery store, sports events, soccer games, the library, and school. These devices vary from tablets to cell phones to computers to a hand-held video games. But what’s the difference between a tablet and a computer? Zugu Case specializes in making protective iPad cover cases. Today, we’ll dive into the anatomy of a tablet and a laptop computer.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TABLET AND A LAPTOP COMPUTER
- Keyboard. A tablet is usually a touch-screen with no keyboard attached. A touch-screen keyboard is available for use on the tablet only.
- Size. A tablet is much smaller and much lighter than a laptop computer. The average laptop computer weighs five pounds; whereas, the typical tablet weighs one pound.
- Functionality. A laptop computer is a portable computer. It performs all the functions of a desktop computer, but with a compact design. A tablet, on the other hand, is a computer but smaller and with less functions and is an all-in-one computer with no separate components.
- Mouse. A laptop can have a mouse attached or you can use one remotely. A tablet cannot. A tablet usually comes with a stylus (Latin for pencil), which is a pencil that you can use to touch the tablet with.
- Battery. A tablet’s charge or battery lasts a lot longer than a laptop computer. This is due to the fact that a computer requires more power to run all of its functions and capabilities. The battery of a laptop computer is also large, bulky, and removable. In a tablet, the battery has been shrunk down and is not removable.
- CD/DVD Player. Most laptop computers have CD players. A tablet does not.
- Hard Drive. The hard drive of a computer can be upgraded. Tablets do not have this capability.
- Memory. The memory of a laptop computer can be added to. Again, tablets do not have the space to add to memory.
- Ease of use. Laptop computers are easy to use, mainly because of the keyboard. Tablets can be quite complicated to navigate and figure out.
- Screen. Laptop computers have a large screen. Tablets, being smaller, have a smaller screen.
- Price point. Tablets are usually cheaper due to their smaller size and decreased capabilities than the laptop computer, but this is not always the case.
Zugu Case makes cases for iPad tablets. We focus on the customer and what he or she wants: a case that will protect their iPad when accidentally dropped or while being transported such as in his or her briefcase or car. We offer cases for the brand new 2018 iPad Pro in both the 11 inch size and the 12.9 inch size. All of our iPad cover cases are engineered with the details in mind such as a microfiber interior, anti-rip synthetic leather exterior, and a fiberglass internal structure for the ultimate in durability.
Zugu Case’s iPad cover case will make the perfect Christmas gift for either the new 2018 iPad Pro tablets or any of the other iPad tablet models. Order yours online today!